Event Details - Tell a Friend
Art - Class/Workshop
|Date & Time:||
Mondays, January 14, 2019 - January 21, 2019
3:00 PM-6:00 PM
|Suggested Audiences:||Elders, Adult, College|
Find Local Food & Accommodations
243 Stafford Street
Worcester, MA 01603
|Cost:||$100 WorcShop Members / $120 Non-Members|
|Description:||This is a 2 session class happening on 2 consecutive Mondays from 3-6 PM.
MIG welding is a production welding process with great general versatility
Over the course of two 3 hour segments we'll cover the foundations of the GMAW or Mig welding process, as well as its cousin FCAW or Flux core. We'll discuss the different merits and shortcomings of both and discuss how and why to select the right process for the job. We'll also cover machine setup and maintenance, and share some great practice regimens for honing your skill on your own time. This is a great course for those completely new to welding, returning for a refresher, or for owners of a welder looking for setup tips and tricks.
Minimum Enrollment: 2 / Maximum Enrollment: 6
Please provide us with BOTH a contact number & email to ensure you are properly notified of course changes.
- Welding requires the cutting and preparation of metals and as such the completion of METAL 101 is strongly suggested before taking WELD 102
- Appropriate shop attire
- Non flammable clothing, esp cotton or natural fibers
- Long sleeves recommended
- Closed toed shoes, boots preferred
- Hair tied back, jewelry stowed
- Earplugs recommended
HOW TO FIND US! Turn in at the Blue Hive parking lot (233 Stafford St.) drive to the back of the lot and turn right to go behind the building. There will be a large garage door. The entrance to the WorcShop is the door on the right with the blue awning.
What if my class doesn't make min enrollment?
- If the class does not reach minimum enrollment, by the date specified in listing (normally 3-7 days prior to the event) it will be canceled. (Student can pay an additional 50% of the ticket price to take class privately)
Students will have the option of transferring their ticket to another class or receiving a refund.
What's the refund policy?
- Please provide us with BOTH a contact number & email to ensure you are properly notified of course changes.
If you cannot make it to class and request a refund no later than 14 days prior, you will be refunded your entire ticket price.
If you request a refund, 3 - 13 days prior to class & your seat is filled by another student you will be refunded 90% of your ticket price.
If the seat remains vacant you will only be refunded 50% of your ticket price.
If you request a refund less than 3 days prior to the event The WorcShop reserves the right to retain the ticket price in full.
If you do not attend, for any reason, The WorcShop retains the ticket price in full. You may take the class at a later scheduled date for 50% off the ticket price (this fee goes entirely to our instructors, to compensate them in full for their time.)
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- Classes are open to individuals 18+. Children are welcome to take most intro level WorcShop classes alongside a parent or legal guardian; with a signed waiver. A ticket must be purchased for each person present. No more than 2 children are allowed per adult. If you have any questions about whether a particular class will be suitable for your child please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- No, just provide your name upon arrival.
Entered by: The WorcShop
Created: November 3, 2018 at 4:37 PM
Last Modified: November 3, 2018 at 4:43 PM
The events posted on the Social Web are the creations of its users. Please contact the person posting the event with your questions or concerns. Commercial use of this content without the prior expressed written permission of the Social Web is strictly prohibited. See Legal Notice